Pastor Mike's thoughts

Thoughts on today's Christian world and how it fits into secular society.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Time to renew the mind Part 2


Today is going to be a practicum for me. This morning I feel led to actually take some time and be with the Lord. So, it's going to be short and sweet this morning, and I urge you to do the same.

Our world is full of hustle and bustle and endless tasks. As I was coming home last night, I was already thinking about my schedule when I got home. That's when it hit me, I was scheduling my time off. Part of renewing our minds is to refresh and rest, and you can't do that if you're stressed and on a schedule. Take some time off today and just be with Jesus.

Matthew 11:28-30 says Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.


If your mind needs to be renewed today, then go to Jesus for your rest. I could sit here this morning and give you verse after verse to support this concept, but the bottom line is that this passage simply states it's own case. Take the yoke of Jesus today, it's lighter and more refreshing.

Be Blessed and renewed in Jesus today.
Pastor Mike

Today's Prayer Request
For our nation and leaders

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home