Pastor Mike's thoughts

Thoughts on today's Christian world and how it fits into secular society.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Praise God it's Friday


This has been a very up and down week for me. Work has been a struggle. But, as always, I made it through alive. As I looked around, I realized how many people (including myself of course) fail to give thanks for the blessings we have during the week. Maybe it's because we're so busy reacting to situations that we forget to stop and smell the roses. Everything we have is given to us by God, therefore it deserves our thanks. Everything we Do should be to the glory of God, therefore we should give thanks. But do we?

Today's verse comes from Colossians 2:6-7 So then just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

Get out here everyday of your life and PRAISE God with all of your might that Jesus loved you enough to die for you and give you eternal life with His blood. That deserves more thanks than we can ever adequately give.
Receive Jesus with all of your might. Be thankful that you've been given a second chance.

There's nothing you can do that will make our Lord turn His back on you. THANK God that you we're able to receive that kind of love.
Continue to grow and strengthen your relationship with Jesus. Stand strong today and do whatever it takes to strengthen that relationship. Remember that knowing Jesus is about love and joy, it's not a dreaded task. Give thanks for the love you have in your life.
When I look at this blog tonight, I realize how disorganized it looks, and I thank God for that. I praise God because I came home tonight already dreading tomorrow, but after writing this, I feel lifted on the wings of eagles (Isaiah 40:30-31) and renewed. My heart is so light now that my writing has suffered. I don't care. I know that I have been blessed with a Lord that loves me, and people that read me. Let the grammar suffer....:)
Thanks again for allowing me to be a part of your life, I am truly blessed.

Go through life showing the world the joy that can be found in Jesus,
Pastor Mike

Prayer Requests for today:
Pastor Mike has a Muslim friend that needs prayer for salvation, and for his mother and father who are very sick.
If you have a prayer request, please feel free to email me. You only need to tell us names if you feel led to. Let us be a part of your support team.
I praise God for my wife Carmen, who gives me joy, love and support when the world seems hard. A true woman of God and prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home