Pastor Mike's thoughts

Thoughts on today's Christian world and how it fits into secular society.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

How to fight.

Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinion.

Well, I've been the New California liaison for the Stop the ACLU coalition for a few weeks now, and have been surprised at some of the contacts I've made.

I took this position because I felt that the ACLU was infringing on the rights of Christians. As I researched the ACLU agenda, I discovered that it was worse than I realized. However, as I became a member of the "stop the liberals brigade" I realized that there were some Christians out there with great intentions, but a little misguided.

When we take up a cause as Christians, we need to remember that it is for the sake of the Lord, not to be able to get our own voice out there. When we take on a fight for the Lord, we need to be guided by the Word of God, not our own words. In fact, opinions should really have no place in our ministry, it should be based 100 percent on scripture.

I bring this up because I see so many Christians out there with websites that are fighting the very things that are bringing this great country down, which is great, but they're crossing the line at times. They're so busy getting caught up into their opinions, and their anger, that they're not backing their words with THE WORD. If you really want to minister, then the best way to argue your point is from the Bible, not the heart. Be well spoken, peacful, and articulate, not angry and ranting. Remember that we need to be all things to all people. We need to be examples of temperance and self-control as an example of how Christ brings truth and peace to a believers life.

The world already has enough ammuntion to use against Christians without us giving them more by being rude and ugly. Go out there and fight for the rights of the Christian faith, go out and spread the Word of the Lord, go and be a warrior for Jesus, but do it for the right reasons. I'm not saying to be a pushover, I'm saying don't fall into the same angry trap that so many of the people we fight against are in. We fight so everyone will know the LOVE of Jesus, not the anger. Be an example. Fight hard, but smart.

Praying for peace and understanding,
Pastor Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home