Pastor Mike's thoughts

Thoughts on today's Christian world and how it fits into secular society.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Biblical or Wordly, which is fair?

See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ. Colossians 2:8

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are a lot of people out there in today's "Christian" world that are going in different directions? In the 60's there was a prevailing philosophy that said, "if it feels good, do it." As I look around today, I see that people are more interested in twisting what the Bible says to make them feel good than what the Word of God really says. This really disturbs me because if what God asked us to do was easy, then everyone would be on board, and we wouldn't need Him. As I study how the Bible says I should lead my life, I have to admit that it's easy to wonder why it's so hard to follow His commands. Why wouldn't God make it easy for us? It's because we are too busy trying to make the Bible suit our needs and beliefs, that it can't possibly be easy because God's ways are not like ours.

God is Holy! Man is not! When we start having the faith that God is in control, and His way is the only way to eternal life, then we'll start to accept the Bible for the truth that it is. You see, it's like trying to blend oil and water, they just don't mix. When you start trying to make the Bible conform to the world's ways, then you just have a barrier that cannot be broken. It's not natural. Now I have no idea why God has chosen our paths in life the way He does, and I wouldn't even try. I do know that He created me for a specific purpose, and I will accept that and try not to be dissatisfied because things are not going the way I wanted them to. I'll accept God's Word and have faith that even though sometimes it doesn't seem fair or culturally relevant, I will always remember that God's Word will stand forever. When we stand before Him in judgement, He won't be judging us on how well we conformed to the world, He'll judge us on how we conformed to His Word.

Praying that we remember the right way to the Kingdom,
Pastor Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home