Pastor Mike's thoughts

Thoughts on today's Christian world and how it fits into secular society.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Spiritual Thirst

What brought you to Jesus? Have you ever met someone that made such an impact in your life that you just had to know more about Jesus?

I s
pread out my hands to You; my soul longs for You like a thirsty land.
—Psalm 143:6

One of the most attractive things about those who live the Christian life is their lifestyle. And there are unbelievers who are watching Christians, looking at the way they live. In fact, I came to know Christ because I watched the Christians at a church across from a bar. They would get together before services and have times of prayer. They would carry their Bibles around with them. They would say things like, “Praise the Lord!” and “God bless you.” They would hug each other after classes. They had such a great time together.


I saw real brotherhood in these Christians. I saw real love, not a cheap imitation. And that intrigued me. That got my attention. Essentially, it got me interested in their message.

That is what happened to the prodigal son. He said,
“How many of my father’s hired servants have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father” (Luke 15:17–18).

Jesus told us that as Christians, we are to be both salt and light in this world. Jesus said, “Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven” (Matthew 5:16). But we are also to be salt. What does that mean? Well, among other things, salt stimulates thirst. And when you are living a godly life, you will stimulate a spiritual thirst in the lives of others. They will see you have something they don’t.

Praying that we all become good examples
Pastor Mike

*Textbook For Sale*

Cards offering used textbooks for sale are posted on the college notice board at the beginning of each semester. One read: "Introduction to Psychology, $8, never used." The card was signed, "Must sell."

The next day a note had been added: "Good price. Are you sure it's never been used?" Signed, "Prospective buyer."

Below in a different hand was: "Positive!" Signed, "Professor who graded his exam."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home