Pastor Mike's thoughts

Thoughts on today's Christian world and how it fits into secular society.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Wow, this video thing catches everything.

Ok, so today we did our first actual devotional on the video. It's kind of weird doing it in front of a camera. In fact, I BEG you all not to laugh too hard when you get to the end of the video. Note to self, never make a face at your wife when you think the camera is off. You'll notice that at the end of the devotional, I make an Elvis face at Carmen. I chose to leave it on so that all of you can see that even though I made a perfect fool of myself, I can still find reason to rejoice. I'm just happy that I'm forgiven....:)

On today's video message, we covered Psalm 9:1,2. I discussed the fact that we do have a reason to rejoice in every circumstance. There's a saying where I work that says, "If you're happy, you need to let your face know." I'm not saying that we need to walk around with a smile on our face at all times, I'm saying that there needs to be a heart happy within us. We are truly blessed because we are children of God, that in itself is a reason for joy.

So go out there today and make it a day for the Lord. Jesus tells us in John 15:11 I have told you this so my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. When we know Jesus, our joy is complete. Share that joy with someone today by using the gifts that you have been blessed with to bring happiness to someone in the name of our Lord.

Be blessed today, and know that you're in my prayers.

Because He lives,
Pastor Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home