Pastor Mike's thoughts

Thoughts on today's Christian world and how it fits into secular society.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Stand up, Stand up for Jesus

If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 1 Peter 4:14

One of the unique aspects of writing this blog is the number of comments I get from people who don't believe in our Lord. I get what might be classified as hate mail. At first, I was kind of upset, but now I am overjoyed. I am estatic because I know that I am spreading the Word of Jesus. Throughout history, God has given special grace and courage to millions of Christians who were persecuted for the faith or who lost their lives. They were unwilling to renounce the Lord, unwilling to deny the Lord who had so radically changed their lives.

We may hear the stories of these Christians and say, “What a tragedy.” But I don’t think that’s a tragedy, because everyone has to die. These believers not only lived well, but they died well. They died for the greatest cause on the face of the earth: the cause of Jesus Christ.

Sometimes we might think, I don’t know if I could handle it if my life were actually threatened for the sake of the gospel. But if God allowed you to be put into such a situation, then I am confident He would give you the strength you need to face it. He would give you the boldness and courage that you need.

Jesus told His followers, “Now when they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say. For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say” (Luke 12:11–12).

This does not mean you should not be prepared for such a day. You simply should not be worried about it, knowing that God will not give you more than you can handle. He will give you just the right words for just the right situation. And not only will God give you the right words to say in a given situation, but He will give you the power to stand up for your faith—even it means harassment or hardship or persecution.

Praying for the Martyrs,
Pastor Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home