Pastor Mike's thoughts

Thoughts on today's Christian world and how it fits into secular society.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

God is always there

Yesterday was such a strange day. This Monday, I got in a car accident on the way to work. An uninsured motorist pulled out in front of me, and I hit him pretty hard. Long story short, he took off, and I never got his information. I took our car in yesterday to the insurance adjuster, thinking they would fix the front end (which was damaged pretty badly), but insted, they totalled the car. I went through such a huge range of emotions. The insurance company wasn't going to give me enough money to replace the vehicle, and we had no idea what to do, but pray.

We started looking for cars right away, and the Lord led us to a great dealership at Car Max (which I HIGHLY recommed), and a great salesperson who was a good solid Christian. Anyways, the salesman got us a great deal (1500 dollars below Blue book value) on a great car.

So, my point is this. Monday I thought the world was going to keep turning just like always, but things changed. I thought that we were at the bottom of the barrel, but the Lord lifted us up, and blessed us. Why? BECAUSE WE KNEW IN OUR HEARTS THAT HE WOULD. When things get really reough, allow yourself to question, but don't allow yourself to doubt the outcome. The Lord will always be there, no matter what the circumstances.

Praying that we don't have to go through trials, but when we do, we keep the faith.
Pastor Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home