Pastor Mike's thoughts

Thoughts on today's Christian world and how it fits into secular society.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

God’s Helpers

This is the wonderful message he has given us to tell others. We are Christ's ambassadors, and God is using us to speak to you (2 Corinthians 5:19-20, NLT).

God's decision to allow imperfect people to help Him build His Kingdom is a constant source of amazement.

God’s omnipotent. He can do anything, anytime, anywhere, without limit. He has all the angels He needs, each of whom has great power. He could use one, or a million, to do whatever He wants done.

Yet he chooses little ol us, finite, earth-dwellers, made of clay, sin-prone and mistake-prone. Why?

It helps us to understand if we consider His fatherly relationship with us. Leadership magazine tells the story of Rusty Stephens, a Navigators director in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Rusty relates:

"As I feverishly pushed the lawn mower around our yard, I wondered if I'd finish before dinner. Mikey, our six year old, walked up and without even asking, stepped in front of me and placed his hands on the mower handle. Knowing that he wanted to help me, I quit pushing. The mower quickly slowed to a stop. Chuckling inwardly at his struggles, I resisted the urge to say, 'Get out of here, kid. You're in my way,' and said instead, 'Here, son, I'll help you.' As I resumed pushing, I bowed my back, leaned forward, and walked spread-legged to avoid colliding with Mikey. The grass cutting continued, but more slowly and less efficiently than before, because Mikey was 'helping' me. Suddenly, tears came to my eyes as it hit me: This is the way my heavenly Father allows me to 'help' him build his kingdom! I pictured my heavenly Father at work seeking, saving, and transforming the lost, and there I was, with my weak hands, 'helping.' My Father could do the work by himself, but He doesn't. He chooses to stoop graciously to allow me to co-labor with Him. Why? For my sake, because he wants me to have the privilege of ministering with him."

What a beautiful analogy! God has chosen to use us to help Him. Paul wrote, "We are God's fellow workers" (1 Corinthians 3:9, NKJV).

Paul also wrote: "We are Christ's ambassadors, and God is using us to speak to you." (2 Corinthians 5:20, NLT).

By assigning to us the Great Commission, and entrusting to us "the message of reconciliation" (2 Corinthians 5:19), God is allowing us to help Him populate heaven for all eternity!




Looking forward to serving the Lord to further His kingdom
Pastor Mike






You get what you ask for.

A young man drove his minibike in to a gas station and dismounted.

"I'll need about a pint of gas," he said to the attendant, "and a few ounces of oil for the motor."

"Certainly sir," the attendant said, "And would you also like me to cough into your tires?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home